You are forced to cancel your stay for one of the following reasons occurring after the date of confirmation of your reservation :
- Government travel restrictions prevent you from getting to your rental.
- Your original Region or destination has been placed under lockdown.
- The ski resort where you have booked does not open or has been closed prior to your arrival by decree.
- The borders between your country of origin and your country of destination are closed.
- You must observe a quarantine period to travel to the destination country.
- You must observe a quarantine period upon return from your destination.
- You must observe a period of isolation or quarantine required by a doctor (a justification will be requested).
- A member of the travelers is positive to the COVID-19 PCR test (A proof will be asked for the PCR test result before your departure, the person concerned had to be mentioned in the email sent to Sportihome with all the participants of the stay)
Don't panic, for these cases of force majeure we offer three solutions :)
😍 The most supportive: reschedule your trip for free. We will act as an intermediary between you and the host to agree on a new arrival date.
😌 The most flexible: a credit note valid for 18 months of the total amount already paid for your reservation, including service fees.
🥺 The last resort: an immediate refund of the amount already paid on your credit card, excluding service fees.
IMPORTANT: Sportihome does not consider the cancellation of a train/plane ticket, at the sole initiative of the operator, as a valid reason for a refund under the COVID 19 cancellation conditions.
In view of the current situation, we therefore recommend that you give priority to travel within your country of origin and at a distance that you consider potentially safe to travel with your car or by carpooling, if necessary.
Thus, for all reservation cancellations that are not related to the current pandemic or do not fall within the conditions mentioned above, the cancellation conditions chosen by the host will apply.
In any case, we invite you to inquire before any reservation request about the COVID-19 regulations applied to the Region of your destination or to your country of destination. We also recommend you to inform yourself directly on the government website, for France: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
You are a host and have to cancel a reservation due to government action?
In this context of force majeure, you can cancel at your own initiative without any penalty, calendar block, lower ranking, or mention in your host profile. To do so, please simply contact us beforehand so that we do the handling for you.
Other frequently asked questions related to Covid19
Can I travel during the confinement period?
The measures imposed by the government in France evolve daily and the recommendations are to limit his movements contacts and contacts to the bare minimum. We therefore recommend that you inform yourself directly on your government website. As well as using common sense by postponing your vacation plans in order to curb the spread and avoid the contagion of new areas 😷.
How to save your season as a host despite the Coronavirus?
In a few weeks when the epidemic begins to recede, we expect a catch-up phenomenon with many people who are going to need some fresh air with more split stays. There is nothing better and safer than renting between individuals 🏡.
That said, in this climate of uncertainty and economic crisis, travelers will seek flexibility and promotions.
8 tips to prepare for the recovery in the best conditions for you and your travelers:
- Take advantage of the lull to make your ads even more attractive with new photos, titles, or texts and make sure your calendars are up to date 🗓.
How do bring my calendar up to date ?
- Adopt flexible cancellation conditions.
How can I modify my cancellation conditions?
- Highlight your ad by offering discounts to travelers.
How to promote your accommodation?
- Reduce as much as possible your minimum stay durations.
How to rent your accommodation for a minimum period?
- Accept children and animals locked up for weeks! 👨👩👧👦🐕
- If your accommodation is in the mountains, think about updating your prices for winter 2020/2021 now. In fact, despite the context, we are seeing earlier demand for Ski 🎿 destinations!
- The weather is mild it is the perfect time to pamper your garden for the season 🌳☀️
- Finally, we will never repeat it often enough to make you feel good and stay zen with sport, yoga and meditation 💆♀️Find some inspiration on our Mag
Stay Safe, enjoy sports and enjoy the vacations!
The Sportihome team is available every day from Montpellier by mail or phone +334 11 93 70 01 😉